Thread: Zoom join button disabled

Beans

Zoom join button disabled

Hi,

I installed the latest version Zoom v 5.4 on Ubuntu, but the join button is disabled in grey color, how to fix it?

Thank you.

Kind regards,

Beans

Re: Zoom join button disabled

On which screen? The initial one with "Join a Meeting" and "Sign In"? If you sign in, can you still not join a meeting?
    If you ask for help, do not abandon your request. Please have the courtesy to check for responses and thank the people who helped you.

Blog · Linode System Administration Guides · Android Apps for Ubuntu Users

Beans
    Hidden!
    Distro
    Ubuntu Development Release

I have been using zoom-client on Ubuntu for some time. I have the 5.4 version and the three join buttons that I have to click to join a meeting are all coloured blue and clickable. The second join button only goes blue after I have entered the meeting ID. The third join button only goes blue after I have entered the meeting password.

If you open the Ubuntu software store and search for zoom-client the page for the app will give you some settings (permissions) you can adjust. Changing one of those settings may fix the problem.

Regards
    It is a machine. It is more stupid than we are. It will not stop us from doing stupid things.
    Ubuntu user #33,200. Linux user #530,530

Beans

Thanks all response, I figured out I cannot use mouse to paste my meeting id, if I type the meeting ID, the Join button can be activated to blue, why those app GUI guy to design to forbid using copy / paste meeting I rather than to force tying boiling numbers?

Beans

I copy and paste meeting IDs all the time. I just logged in and pasted an ID in the "Join a Meeting" dialog. The Join button turned blue when I did so.

Are you using the .deb from here: https://zoom.us/download#client_4meeting
    If you ask for help, do not abandon your request. Please have the courtesy to check for responses and thank the people who helped you.

Blog · Linode System Administration Guides · Android Apps for Ubuntu Users