Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: I can't start tightVNC at startup with systemd

Beans

Re: I can't start tightVNC at startup with systemd

https://www.metatrader4.com/en/tradi.../install_linux

Metatrader seems to have a native client.... Why use WINE?

Beans

Ok thank you, but for the time spent installing the vnc server, so close to the goal I would have liked to know just for my own culture why the service doesn't want to start with sudo rights on startup, when it has the rights when I simply activate it from the command line with "vncserver".

Beans

If you connect to the remote system via SSH and use the "-X" option, then you can run the application on a system with an X server (Linux client systems and Mac OS have this by default) then the application will be running on the remote system but display on the local PC. Very handy

Beans

Remote SSH with -X option ? Tell me more...

Beans
    Hidden!
    Distro
    Ubuntu Development Release

You know that when a service file starts, that systemd starts it as 'root' right? You are confusing me why you would want to use 'sudo' in your exec as root(???)

Also, in Linux, there are hundreds of ways to do the same thing.

OpenSSH server with X forwarding... You just use
    Code:
    ssh -X myusername@machine_IP commmand_of_app
    # for example, for a test
    ssh -X mafoelffen@10.0.0.3 xeyes
    # See attachment
    I use xrdp server allot. It is actively listening all the time. You can only a a user logged in once, so I setup an xrdp user, that way if I am logged in, that I don't have to go to that machine just to log myself out.

Most of the time, honestly, I just use ssh. Unless I am connecting to a VM, with a desktop. Then there is a variety of things I use.

"Concurrent coexistence of Windows, Linux and UNIX..." || Ubuntu user # 33563, Linux user # 533637
    Sticky: Graphics Resolution | UbuntuForums 'system-info' Script | Posting Guidelines | Code Tags

Beans

Ok, i have an exemple for explain my trouble :

When i try to stop an important setting as my wired connection with "vncserver" command in terminal, it's possible in exchange for a password : https://zupimages.net/viewer.php?id=23/09/2p96.png

In constrast, when it's automatically launch with systemd with the command ExecStart=/usr/bin/vncserver my privilege seem not be the same, because i can't change settings, even in exchange of passaword.
    However it's the same user :
    https://zupimages.net/viewer.php?id=23/09/o6vy.png

Beans
    Hidden!
    Distro

So, what you are saying (if I understand correctly) is that the problem is that without logging in your user, that your wireless connection is not made?

And you know that, because you are trying to connect remotely, that your IP should be configured as static, correct?

"Concurrent coexistence of Windows, Linux and UNIX..." || Ubuntu user # 33563, Linux user # 533637
    Sticky: Graphics Resolution | UbuntuForums 'system-info' Script | Posting Guidelines | Code Tags

Beans

My connection isn't the trouble, the trouble is : i can change setup as admin in the first case, in contrast i can't change it when i open vnc automatically (difference of privilege between these two ways and i don't know why).

Beans
    Hidden!
    Distro

"change privilege"... Do you mean lie
    Code:
    sudo -i
    #or 
    sudo su
    I guess i don't quite understand you yet. Please explain so we are on the same understanding.

Beans

Hello MAFo !

Ok so, in the first case, the command in terminal "vncserver" open a place on vnc server where i can connect with administrator privilege.

When the place on vnc server is open automatically with the file system create (see my first message in this post), the server log me as an viewer privilege, and not administrator. However it's the same command "vncserver" yet it is the same command that is written automatically...

Write the command /usr/bin/sudo can't work because i must enter the system pass in clear in this file in clear to make it work i guess, but i won't write in clear my password for security reason.

Is it clearer ?

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast