Thread: GUI to show all IPs on a network?

Beans

GUI to show all IPs on a network?

I'm a dabbler in ubuntu and was wondering if there was something that would show all the IPs on a network hopefully with a gui. I'm adding a few tools to my system then I want to give a copy to a couple of windows users I'm trying to convert, so I want the tools to be easy, plus I'm lazy .
    Addition: I'm using it to find my IPs when I need to connect to samba shares that are on windows machines. I enter something like"smb://192.168.1.100/" to get to them. I did all the fixes I could find to samba but only this method works for me so I'll live with it. But my Ips change when I reboot the other comps plus I go over to my dads house and connect there too everyday since he got sick. I hope that info helps someone in a search...
    Last edited by JohnCUbu; July 24th, 2012 at 05:04 PM. Reason: Additional info

Beans

Re: GUI to show all IPs on a network?

I solved my own problem, but I hope this info helps someone else. Angry IP Scanner is a GUI based utility to find all the computers by IP on a network http://www.angryip.org/w/Download

Last edited by JohnCUbu; July 25th, 2012 at 11:11 AM.