Thread: Wireless and freezing problem with ralink (asus eeepc) and maverick meerkat

Threaded View

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu 10.10 Maverick Meerkat

Unhappy eeepc 1001 HA and ubuntu 10.10 freezes on shutdown

Hello, I'm dealing with a pretty good problem. I've installed a few minutes ago maverick meerkat (32 bit) on my Asus eeepc 1001HA (I previously used lucid lynx without any issue, despite of the need for a manual driver installation for the internal wireless card) and everything went well with the installation. Even wireless, which in the previous release had to be manually installed, works now, but I've a big problem: I actually cannot turn off the computer, nor reboot it or put it in standby. I cannot do anything concerning the shutdown and I was not able to turn it off neither using console commands (shutdown, halt, reboot) and trying to launch halt command from another virtual console (ALT+F1), just before the system completely freezes out I get this error: "phy0 -> rt2800_wait_wpdma_ready: error - wpdma tx/rx busy, aborting"
    Even trying to disable the wireless from the network applet causes the system failure. Please help me, I even tried to reinstall again ubuntu and I simply have the same problem. I don't know how to do.
    Thank you anyway!
    Last edited by enigmatichus; October 12th, 2010 at 12:33 AM. Reason: Better title and minor corrections