Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: I want permission on my NTFS HD files and I get input and output errors, help me

Beans

Re: I want permission on my NTFS HD files and I get input and output errors, help me

But the debate was great, I was now able to run successive commands in the folders and I regained ownership of my files in the EXT4 partition:

1. I had to remove read-only some folder
    2. clear HMAC (encryption) on all files.

Yes, it is possible with the terminal command line to perform encryption without having to do it only during installation and without losing files. I remember the commands, I just have to search again.

Unfortunately, my work does not allow using VMs, because I need digital certification with a chain of certificates to meet deadlines using MS's proprietary encryption (MSCAPI).

Official bodies require this. But when I have time I will buy a bigger hard drive and test digital certificates and hierarchy chains on the VM. But I really can't help but meet government deadlines. I am forced to maintain dual boot.

Beans
    Hidden!
    Distro
    Xubuntu 22.04 Jammy Jellyfish

Re: I want permission on my NTFS HD files and I get input and output errors, help me

Great!

If you're now happy that this is solved for you please use Thread-Tools menu at the top to mark the thread as SOLVED.

It is a great help to other users searching the forum.

Beans

But the debate was great, I was now able to run successive commands in the folders and I regained ownership of my files in the EXT4 partition:

1. I had to remove read-only some folder
    2. clear HMAC (encryption) on all files.

Yes, it is possible with the terminal command line to perform encryption without having to do it only during installation and without losing files. I remember the commands, I just have to search again.

Unfortunately, my work does not allow using VMs, because I need digital certification with a chain of certificates to meet deadlines using MS's proprietary encryption (MSCAPI).

Official bodies require this. But when I have time I will buy a bigger hard drive and test digital certificates and hierarchy chains on the VM. But I really can't help but meet government deadlines. I am forced to maintain dual boot.

Beans

I always wanted to use the official canonical forum a lot.
    but I find navigation extremely difficult.

I already looked for the resolved button, I didn't find it, just "not resolved".

Site needed to simplify navigation. Very difficult.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123